Category Archives: Housing
If you’re anything like me, you probably have spent hours combing through the Wiki trying to figure out the name of the one housing item you’re looking for, whether or not it’s actionable/if you can find it at the Bazaar, and where you can farm for it. The problem is, there are hundreds of pages of housing items, and since their divided by the same 6 categories as in-game (Plant Life, Wall Hangings, Wallpaper and Tile, Outdoor, Furniture, and Decoration), and since you have to click on the name of an item on a list before you can see what it looks like, (and since the Wiki is super slow to load and has a tendency to freeze–even on my BRAND NEW laptop), it can take forever to find the perfect painting to finish a sitting area or the perfect potted plant to go by the door. The struggles I’ve been having lately finding exactly what I’m looking for has sparked an idea for a new organizational method for finding the perfect housing item quickly. I preset to you the start of Finding Housing Items Made Easy.
Housing Items Made Easy will feature a short list of various housing items from a specific category (for example “Potted Plants” or “Paintings”). Each item listed will have a picture posted with it, a brief description of how it’s obtained, and a link to the Wiki page for more information.
Plant Life: Potted Plants
Found near Khalkos Coppersmith (crafting vendor), Garden of Hesperides; can be found at the Bazaar
More information about this item can be found here
The formatting may change as I continue forming and working on this project, but that’s the general plan for how I’m going to have this set up. It’ll take time, but I’m so excited to work on (and finish) tis project! It should make finding the perfect housing items so much faster.
After YEARS of owning a Royal Estate (the large Marlybone house), I FINALLY finished the inside to a point where I am completely content with how it looks. 🙂
I bought the house the summer of 2011. It was the first house I bought on Emma. (Although she’s my highest and main wizard, she was the 3rd I created. I don’t remember if any of my other characters had houses before her–I think I got Jenna’s Wooded Cottage before though…) Anyway, it was my first, and for the longest time, only house on that character. As I quested through the Spiral and found new housing items, I slowly began filling the house. In October 2012, I bought my second house, the Wysteria Villa. I abandoned the Royal Estate to decorate the Villa, deeming the Estate complete.
Then about a year ago, I spent some time looking over my first housing project and decided I didn’t like it, that I had wasted so much potential by decorating it the way I did. So, I began emptying it, tearing it apart room by room. (Now, I really wish I had taken screenshots of what it used to look like…It’d be fun to compare before and after.)
Well, today I added the last finishing details. It’s not on tour because the outside is still a mess, but I’m excited to show off the inside of this house. Enjoy!
If I choose to put this house on tour after the outside is finished, then I plan on figuring out an elegant way to block off the crafting room since it doesn’t really fit the theme for the rest of the house. Anyway, what do you think?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In the spirit of the holiday, here’s the top ten things I’m most grateful for in the Spiral (in no particular order):
1. Mounts! The 40% boost makes traveling so much faster than on foot. And they’re more than just convenient. They’re fun to have equipped thanks to the unique animations each have.
2. Pets! Not only are they cute and fun to have, but with a little training they’re helpful too! They can be frustrating, especially when the desired stats dint manifest, but they’re worth it!
3. AOEs! One spell that hits all enemies is so incredibly helpful. They makes mob battles go much faster and makes farming more effective.
4. Treasure Cards! Treasure Cards (TC) can be so helpful. I keep a stock of healing TC for solo battles or when I play support/healer. I’ve also been using Conviction and Vengence a ton more lately due to the new critical system. It’s so nice to be able to put more than 3-6 copies of a card in your TC deck and its a little easier to control when they show up in your hand than your normal cards. Plus the ones I don’t need can be sold for gold!
5. Mega Snacks! The ONLY reason why pet training isn’t a complete nightmare. Thanks to these rank 8 & 9 snacks, I can train a pet from baby to ancient on a single energy globe and to epic with two!
6. Gardens! The best way to earn TC , Mega Snacks, and Reagents! Plus a lot of the seeds are cosmetically pleasing, with fun animations and cute sounds.
7. Mastery Amulets! In particular the Life Mastery. Being able to use pier pips to heal is amazing!
8. Music Players & Scrolls! I LOVE having the ability to play my favorite music from around the Spiral in my homes! Some of my favorite tracks include the Graduation Theme, the Five B.O.X.E.S. Theme, Baddle of the Bands (both battle and main themes), all the Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, and Polaris themes, and, of course, the good old Wizard City Main theme.
9. Teleport Tapestries! It’s sooo nice to have easy and quick access to various areas of the Spiral right in your own home…especially to the Bazaar!
10. Friends! Friends make everything better! Questing is more fun and easier, housing games are possible and so much fun, chatting and creating bonds through the common interest of the game is wonderful. I’ve met some fantastic people in the Wizard101 community and I’m glad to call many of them friends. Shout out to Cameron StarCatcher, Evan FroatGiver, Ashley DreamDust, Valkoor LegendWhisperer, Blake HawkRiver, Kyle LegendWard, Lauren BattleEyes, Erin DragonCaller, Thomas Thorn, Valerian GreenGem, Wolf DragonBlade, and Wolf Shadow. ALL if you are amazing friends! Even though I haevn’t seen several of you for a while, you still matter to me and I’m thankful to have known you and to be able to call you friend.
For episode 2 of “Dorm Rooms with Emma”, I created a Thanksgiving Feast, just in time for Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Table and Benches: Crown Shop–500 Crowns or 2,500 Gold
Stuffed Turkey Dinner: Thanksgiving 2015 Giveaway
Lattice Cherry Pie: Torald Wayfinder (Grizzlehiem) Recipe–1,830 Gold
Holiday Cranberry Sauce (x2): Winterland Pack (Yuletide Only)–299 Crowns; Thanksgiving 2015 Giveaway
Orange Basket: Found in Turquoise Cave, Azteca–Free
Bowl of Lettuce: Ea’rik, Krokotopia Housing Vendor–125 Gold
Bowl of Tomatoes (x2): Found in Krokosphinx, Krokotopia–Free; Dropped by Grimsnes BurntBlack
Round of Cheese: Crown Shop–500 Crowns; Dropped by Grimsnes BurntBlack
Corny Wand (x2): Harvest Hannah–300 Crowns; Dropped by Lord Nightshade
Fall Wand: Harvest Hannah–300 Crowns; Dropped by Lord Nightshade
Hanging Lanturn (x2): Dropped by Tyrfing and Wretched Elexorien (or Bazaar 288)
Leafy Floor: Zhi Lan, MooShu Housing Shop–1,000 Gold
Marleybone Wood Panels: Crown Shop, Marleybone Furniture Set 3–4,500 Crowns or 22,500 Gold
Headdress: Harvest Hannah–1,500 Crowns; Dropped by Lord Nightshade & Spectral Guardian
Bear Tunic (Dark Orange & Brown): Eloise Merryweather (Grizzlehiem)–1,860 Gold
Mage’s Boots (Dark Orange & Brown): Eloise Merryweather (Wizard City)–249 Gold
Turkey Hat: Harvest Hannah–1,500 Crowns; Dropped by Lord Nightshade, Jade Oni, and Othin Stormfather
Jester’s Motley (Orange & Gold): Eloise Merryweather (Wizard City)–621 Gold
Cleric’s Shoes (Orange & Gold): Eloise Merryweather (Wizard City)–249
Alternative food ideas include the Turkey Platter from the Crown Shop (350 Crowns), Bowl of Dates dropped by Odji Sokkwi, Bowl of Potatoes (Recipe from Torald Wayfinder), Egg Basket (Recipe from Torald Wayfinder), Fat Pumpkin from the Crown Shop (225 Crowns), Fish Basket found in the Mangrove Marsh, Azteca, Pie from the Crown Shop (500 Crowns or 2,500 Gold), Pumpkin dropped by The Harvest Lord, Tall Pumpkin found in the Krokosphinx, Krokotopia, and many others you may come across.
A little over a week ago, I started a Wizard101 YouTube channel called “Dorm Rooms with Emma”. I love everything to do with housing in the Spiral. I love decorating my houses, I love learning and preforming housing glitches, I love trolling the Bazaar for hours to get the housing item(s) I’m looking for. I love it all.
Back in August, I discovered that I love decorating dorm rooms even more than houses when I participated in Paige MoonShade’s dorm room contest. The space is small and it’s easy to tie together a theme. And as an added bonus, I can actually finish a dorm room. 🙂
So, last week I decided I would share my love for decorating dorm rooms, and share tips, tricks, and glitches I’ve learned over the years, with others. So far, I’ve only posted one video of a very simple Wizard City inspired dorm.
I’ve been meaning to make my second video all week, but I’ve been busy with school and the desire to start this blog so I can express my opinion on the new critical system. Now that I have a better feel for the recording program I used, a better idea of what I want to do with this channel, and I’m on Thanksgiving break, I’m ready to do my second video.
I’m planning on tying “Dorm Rooms with Emma” here, mostly by giving the details about the housing times I used and announcing when I post new videos. I’m hoping I’ll start generating views on both my channel and blog soon. 🙂