Happy Thanksgiving everyone! In the spirit of the holiday, here’s the top ten things I’m most grateful for in the Spiral (in no particular order):
1. Mounts! The 40% boost makes traveling so much faster than on foot. And they’re more than just convenient. They’re fun to have equipped thanks to the unique animations each have.
2. Pets! Not only are they cute and fun to have, but with a little training they’re helpful too! They can be frustrating, especially when the desired stats dint manifest, but they’re worth it!
3. AOEs! One spell that hits all enemies is so incredibly helpful. They makes mob battles go much faster and makes farming more effective.
4. Treasure Cards! Treasure Cards (TC) can be so helpful. I keep a stock of healing TC for solo battles or when I play support/healer. I’ve also been using Conviction and Vengence a ton more lately due to the new critical system. It’s so nice to be able to put more than 3-6 copies of a card in your TC deck and its a little easier to control when they show up in your hand than your normal cards. Plus the ones I don’t need can be sold for gold!
5. Mega Snacks! The ONLY reason why pet training isn’t a complete nightmare. Thanks to these rank 8 & 9 snacks, I can train a pet from baby to ancient on a single energy globe and to epic with two!
6. Gardens! The best way to earn TC , Mega Snacks, and Reagents! Plus a lot of the seeds are cosmetically pleasing, with fun animations and cute sounds.
7. Mastery Amulets! In particular the Life Mastery. Being able to use pier pips to heal is amazing!
8. Music Players & Scrolls! I LOVE having the ability to play my favorite music from around the Spiral in my homes! Some of my favorite tracks include the Graduation Theme, the Five B.O.X.E.S. Theme, Baddle of the Bands (both battle and main themes), all the Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, and Polaris themes, and, of course, the good old Wizard City Main theme.
9. Teleport Tapestries! It’s sooo nice to have easy and quick access to various areas of the Spiral right in your own home…especially to the Bazaar!
10. Friends! Friends make everything better! Questing is more fun and easier, housing games are possible and so much fun, chatting and creating bonds through the common interest of the game is wonderful. I’ve met some fantastic people in the Wizard101 community and I’m glad to call many of them friends. Shout out to Cameron StarCatcher, Evan FroatGiver, Ashley DreamDust, Valkoor LegendWhisperer, Blake HawkRiver, Kyle LegendWard, Lauren BattleEyes, Erin DragonCaller, Thomas Thorn, Valerian GreenGem, Wolf DragonBlade, and Wolf Shadow. ALL if you are amazing friends! Even though I haevn’t seen several of you for a while, you still matter to me and I’m thankful to have known you and to be able to call you friend.